MathType functionality with Office:
- MathType Ribbon Tab in Word and PowerPoint: MathType takes full advantage of Office's Ribbon User Interface making it easier than ever to do equation operations in documents and presentations. Equation numbering and browse features work with all Word equation types.
- Equations in Outlook: MathType works with Outlook and allows you to include mathematical notation in email. The recipient of your email does not have to use either Outlook or MathType in order to see your equations.
- MathPage for Word 2016, 2013, 2010, & 2007: Our MathPage™ technology now converts Microsoft Word documents into web pages, properly handling mathematical symbols, and displaying properly for people with print disabilities.
- Handwritten equations: Enter equations as easily as you would write math with paper and pencil! This feature uses the built-in handwriting recognition in Windows 7 and later.
- Format Equations: MathType adds its own tab in Word that contains useful commands. One of these, Format Equations, lets you change the font and style of all equations in a document.
About Mac Office 2016 support
Microsoft decided to make Mac Office 2016 compatible with Apple's Mac App Store which imposes security restrictions that affect communication between applications, preventing MathType from working with Mac Office 2016 applications such as Word and PowerPoint. Our engineers are working with Microsoft engineers on a solution but it will take some time before it will be available. We will keep you informed as we get closer to release. In the meantime, MathType 6.7 for Mac still works great with Office 2011 for Mac, and MathType is compatible with Office 2016 on Windows. We'll make sure to let you know when that changes.
Source: Design Science