Translate to multiple languages

Subscribe to my Email updates

https://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/mailverify?uri=helgeScherlundelearning
Enjoy what you've read, make sure you subscribe to my Email Updates

Friday, August 17, 2007

Personalized learning and learning platforms?

Nils Hjelmervik's thoughts about personalized learning and learning platforms?
Lately I've been working on trying to develop a course on personalized learning in learning platforms. I've also been looking into some common perceptions of the term "personalized learning" especially in the UK. The thing that strikes me the most is that some people are led to believe (from some software provider) that personalized learning is about customizing a user interface. If a student is able to alter the color of the background it's personalized learning. From my point of view that's NOT personalizing learning.

About Nils Hjelmervik

Nils is e-learning adviser and project manager in a Norwegian company called it's learning.