|Tweet me: Laura Devaney|
"This week's Site of the Week features digital primary sources your students can use to deepen their understanding of civics and history." writes
Flexible, free digital resources help students delve into history, journalism, and more
The Newseum Digital Classroom is a free, cross-disciplinary classroom resource featuring interactive timelines, archival videos and downloadable historic front pages through our lenses of historical connections, media literacy and civics.
Digital Classroom resources include:
- Flexible, ready-to-teach lesson plans and handouts
- Standards-aligned content, including Common Core
- Integrated interactives that support media literacy, critical thinking skills and civic engagement
- Hundreds of primary sources, including historic front pages, photographs and newsreels
- Video lessons and viewing guides
- Extension activity ideas
- Opportunities for students to submit their work
Name: Need a PDF converter?
What is it?
Able2Extract Mobile for smartphones and tablets is a free, lightweight and easy-to-use app for creating and converting PDF documents.
- Convert PDF to editable Microsoft Excel (xlsx), Word (docx), PowerPoint (pptx).
- Import and convert files from your mobile device, email, or other online storage services such as Dropbox, GDrive, and OneDrive.
- Once your file is converted, open and edit it in other apps such as Office for iPad and QuickOffice or upload it Dropbox, OneDrive and other storage services
Visit iTunes to buy and download apps
Source: eSchool News