This Handbook is the main output of the Blended Synchronous Learning Project.
It includes a Blended Synchronous Learning Design Framework that offers pedagogical, technological and logistical recommendations for teachers attempting to design and implement blended synchronous learning lessons (see Chapter 14). The Handbook also includes a Rich-Media Synchronous Technology Capabilities Framework to support the selection of technologies for different types of learning activities (see Chapter 4), as well as a review of relevant literature, a summary of the Blended Synchronous Learning Scoping Study results, detailed reports of each of the seven case studies, and a cross case analysis.
Another key output of the project is the Blended Synchronous Learning website (available at http://blendsync.org). It contains video overviews of the case studies, a link to the Blended Synchronous Learning Collaborator Network, and other information about the project including the personnel, publications, and workshops associated with the initiative.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Overview
- Chapter 2: Background Literature and Context
- Chapter 3: The Blended Synchronous Learning Scoping Study
- Chapter 4: Rich-Media Synchronous Learning Technology Capabilities
- Chapter 5: Overview of Case Study Reports
- Chapter 6: Case Study 1 – Web Conferencing to Develop Investment Understanding
- Chapter 7: Case Study 2 – Room-based Video Conferencing to Develop Understanding of Healthcare Quality Improvement Approaches
- Chapter 8: Case Study 3 – Web Conferencing to Support Microscopic Tissue Analysis
- Chapter 9: Case Study 4 – Web Conferencing For Participation in Statistics Tutorials
- Chapter 10: Case Study 5 – Virtual Worlds to Facilitate Chinese Language Learning
- Chapter 11: Case Study 6 – Web Conferencing to Enable Presence in Sexology
- Chapter 12: Case Study 7 – Virtual Worlds For Teacher Education
- Chapter 13: Cross Case Analysis
- Chapter 14: Recommendations and Future Direction
Source: Blended Synchronous Learning Project