“These new courses complement our current roster of more than 200 semester-long offerings, giving teachers, schools and districts a wide range of options for their online and blended learning programs,” said Sari Factor, CEO, Edgenuity. “From core curriculum to career and technical education, our focus is on providing engaging, rigorous coursework that will teach students to think critically, problem solve and express their ideas clearly.”The new course offerings include:
- Algebra I – An all-new edition of Edgenuity’s most popular course, with more real-world connections, interactive tools and models, worked examples, and performance tasks to help students meet the rigor of challenging standards.
- Physical Science – Focused on traditional concepts in chemistry and physics, this course provides an overview of scientific principles and procedures with virtual labs, interactive simulations and models, and project-based activities designed to meet the Next Generation Science Standards.
- English Language Arts 9 – Invites students to explore both classic and contemporary texts with a focus on literary analysis and inferential evaluation of poetry, drama, and literary nonfiction, mastering comprehension and literary-analysis strategies.
- AP World History – This challenging course for advanced students joins Edgenuity’s existing AP suite, which also includes courses such as AP Human Geography, AP Psychology, AP Spanish and French, and AP Environmental Science.
- Computer Applications: Microsoft® Office® – Introduces students to the features and functionality of Microsoft Office through video instruction, interactive skill demonstrations, and hands-on practice assignments.
- Expository Reading and Writing – Designed to develop critical reading and writing skills while preparing high school students to meet the demands of college-level work. Students explore short but complex fiction and poetry, and focus on expository and persuasive texts and analytical reading.
- Modern World History – Examines major events and turning points of world history from the Enlightenment to the present through an investigation of the foundational ideas that shaped the modern world.
- Medical Terminology – Introduces students to the structure of medical terms, medical abbreviations and acronyms. The course allows students to achieve comprehension of medical vocabulary appropriate to health care settings, medical procedures, pharmacology, human anatomy and physiology, and pathology.
- Microsoft Office Specialist – Introduces students to the features and functionality of Microsoft® Office® while preparing them for the beginning, intermediate, and advanced levels of the Microsoft User Specialist (MOS) certification program.
- Georgia Studies – Examines the major events of Georgia history from Paleolithic times to the present, tracing the events surrounding the European settlement of Georgia, statehood, the Civil War, and modern times in the context of the development of the United States.