"The WES Annual Conference, Get connected: Empowering women and enriching careers will take place at University College London (UCL) from 9:30am - 5pm on Friday 12 May, 2017." inform Women's Engineering Society.
This year’s theme is all about enriching careers through connection and planning. We will explore ways for taking charge of your career and planning for the future, and empowering yourself and others.
By taking part in ‘Get connected’ you will be joining other professional women from throughout the breadth of engineering. Whether you are experienced or early-stage career you will have the chance to meet with, and inspire others. A full programme will follow shortly, but confirmed sessions include:
- Confidence and communication
- Flexible working: Knowing your rights
- What are Returnships, and are they for me?
- Registration and Chartership
- Lifelong learning in the engineering profession
- Preparing for Leadership
- Networking groups - Panel discussion
- Supporting early-stage engineers
- Knowing when to move on
- Speed-mentoring Q&A for early-career women
- Getting the best out of the mentoring relationship
- Future-focussed career development
Source: Women's Engineering Society