"Creating a presentation or slideshow is a staple of any 21st Century
Classroom and a skill that every successful educator has and every
successful student should learn".
"It used to be that only programs such as PowerPoint could create presentations. However, now there are lots of sites and apps that not only create stunning presentations but also make it easier then ever. Below is my list of some of my favorite tools for creating beautiful-looking presentations and slideshows", writes David Kapuler an educational consultant.
This list is in alphabetical order:
- 9Slides - A wonderful site and app for adding video/audio narration to a presentation. Ideal for professional development or teaching a lesson.
- Animoto - One of the most popular sites/apps for creating beautiful-looking slideshows with an educational portal.
- AuthorStream - A great way to upload PPT presentations and share them with others, similar to Slideshare.
- Aximedia Slideshow Creator - A wonderful Android app for creating stunning-looking slideshows.
- Biteslide - A fantastic site for creating interactive presentations that contain all types of media with educational portal, where teachers create student accounts.
- Electric Slide - A nice iOS app that allows users to present all styles of presentations (PPT, Keynote, etc) wirelessly.
- eMaze - A nice site that is a cross between Prezi and PP that allows users to zoom around their presentation. Best of all, a finished presentation can be embedded into a site.
- Flixtime - A cool site for mixing photos, videos, and music to create a stunning presentation.
- Haiku Deck - A amazing iPad app for creating beautiful looking presentations with the ability to upload Creative Commons licensed photos as well as creating charts and graphs.
- HelloSlide - A innovative site that allows a user to add narration to their presentations simply by typing in text.
- Kizoa - A fun site for creating slideshows or collages with a built-in photo editor.
- Knovio - A nice site for adding video or audio to a PowerPoint presentation. Ideal for Pecha Kucha style presentations.
- Magisto - A cool way to create a presentation with this video mash-up site/app.
- Muvee Cloud - Another nice video mash-up site that creates fun looking movies/presentations by mixing and matching video and music.
- Narrable - An innovative site for adding audio to photos to create an engaging slideshow.
- Netclick - While Netclick is more of a "student response system," it is a great way to engage an audience through the use of an interactive slideshow.
- One True Media - A fantastic video mash-up site for mixing video, audio, and images to creating stunning presentations.
- PhotoPeach - One of my favorite sites/apps for creating an interactive slideshow with an educational portal. A user can also create a quiz embedded into a slideshow as well.
- Photoshow (Roxio) - A nice site for creating slideshows with photos, videos, and music, and sharing publicly or privately.
- PhotoSnack - A fun site for creating slideshows for blogs, FB, or Twitter.
Technology Tidbits: Thoughts of a Cyber Hero
Source: TL Advisor Blog