Translate to multiple languages

Subscribe to my Email updates

https://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/mailverify?uri=helgeScherlundelearning
Enjoy what you've read, make sure you subscribe to my Email Updates

Thursday, September 26, 2019

How Safe Are We From Machines Becoming Smarter Than Us? | AI - Forbes

Hisham Abdulhalim, Product Manager at Paypal and a PhD candidate researching the field of Software Ethics says, They say all men are created equal. What about machines? 

Photo: Getty

I picked up my recently purchased car the other day. It's equipped with cutting-edge detectors and sensors that cover its entire body, looking out for my personal safety and comfort as well as instructing me how to drive while making sure I am entertained by changing the music and ambient lighting based on my mood.

On my way back from the dealership, I started thinking about how cars became so intelligent. How all specifications are well-designed to personalize the best possible experience and make sure I feel a unique bond with my new machine. I tried to imagine what services and offerings we’ll enjoy once autonomous cars become a part of our daily routines.

Today, artificial intelligence (AI) technologies are in a rapid phase of advancement and adoption, following developments in mathematics and computer science, computing power, and the ability to capture and store large amounts of data. AI is essentially the concept of statistical-driven relationships, supplemented by algorithmic rules of reasoning and learning or self-correction, that are then applied as a contributing factor to making more accurate decisions...

Philosophers like Immanuel Kant believed in autonomy. This freedom is one of the most fundamental rights of any person. The question of autonomy is related to the question of the violation of liberty and the scope of compensation if one arrives. Kant argues that a person is autonomous through his/her intelligence and that this is the supreme authority. Some interpreters, Friedrich Nietzsche being the most distinguished among them, claimed that man becomes his own "God." It is controlled by his intelligence and at the same time becomes autonomous through it.
Read more...

Source: Forbes