Translate to multiple languages

Subscribe to my Email updates

https://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/mailverify?uri=helgeScherlundelearning
Enjoy what you've read, make sure you subscribe to my Email Updates

Thursday, July 09, 2020

Seven Things That Worked in My Online Class | Online Education - Faculty Focus

Lisa Lawmaster Hess, adjunct professor of psychology at York College of Pennsylvania says, Last spring, my college, like so many other schools, made a dramatic mid-semester pivot from face-to-face instruction to online classes. 

Seven Things That Worked in My Online Class
It was trial by fire for instructors and students alike. Fortunately, I embarked on this journey with a fire extinguisher in the form of a course in designing online instruction, which I’d taken between semesters from one of our instructional designers. As a result, my mistakes had more to do with overestimating the number of hours in a day than compromising the integrity of my course. Still, I wasn’t an expert. I made plenty of mistakes, but I also figured out some things I’d definitely do again, which I offer here in case they work for you...

In the end, offering a variety of assessments, being flexible, and soliciting feedback from my students informally (Zoom office hours visitors) and formally (surveys) allowed me to create a class that kept things interesting and met my students’ needs in a challenging time. I went from dreading a switch from the familiar to brainstorming how I’ll do things differently next time, hopefully without a pandemic as my reason.
Read more... 

Source: Faculty Focus