Translate to multiple languages

Subscribe to my Email updates

https://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/mailverify?uri=helgeScherlundelearning
Enjoy what you've read, make sure you subscribe to my Email Updates

Saturday, May 13, 2017

Madison Parish teacher inspires kids to learn through music | MyArkLaMiss (press release)

"For the kids at Delta Community Action Headstart in Tallulah, each day at school is a new adventure." continues MyArkLaMiss.

Watch the Video

They're inspired by a teacher who dedicates his life to give his students a brighter future.

"I started out at the high school level and I went back to school and got my degree in early childhood. I said I want to do something different, make a difference for the smaller kids.", says Deron Jackson, a teacher at Headstart.

Through songs and dances, these young children are having fun while learning basic fundamentals they need to succeed on the road ahead.

"It works really, really well. And like I said, they'll be excited in the mornings because I can hear them in my office, and I mean, they'll really be going.", says Zelda Norris, a manager at Headstart.

While students in Madison Parish often score much lower on state tests than other students in Louisiana, Mr. Jackson says he hopes motivating them at a young age can make a big difference in the long run.
Read more...

Source: MyArkLaMiss (press release) (blog)