Translate to multiple languages

Subscribe to my Email updates

https://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/mailverify?uri=helgeScherlundelearning
Enjoy what you've read, make sure you subscribe to my Email Updates

Wednesday, September 04, 2019

Lifelong learning Practice owner reflects on her PhD journey | Practitioner stories - Optometry Today

Optometrist and independent practice owner of Edwards & Walker Opticians, Pretty Basra, talks to OT about her interest in children’s vision, her PhD and balancing work, study and family life.

Photo: Pretty Basra
When did you decide to embark on a PhD and why?  
It has been a lifelong dream for me since I was very young – I wanted to be an expert in eyes. It was also largely driven by my father, who used to tell me how much he would like to see his children do well in their education. My mother and father are originally from India where access to education is limited and I suppose that’s what made me fight to do it even more. 

What does your PhD focus on?
As a child I was an uncorrected myope and self-reported to a local opticians for an eye exam. 
Read more...
 

Source: Optometry Today