Translate to multiple languages

Subscribe to my Email updates

https://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/mailverify?uri=helgeScherlundelearning
Enjoy what you've read, make sure you subscribe to my Email Updates

Saturday, October 31, 2020

'Real Problem': Remote Learning Amid Pandemic May Allow Tech Giants to Exploit Children's Data | Opinion - Sputnik International

Julian Vigo, an independent scholar and filmmaker who specializes in anthropology, technology and political philosophy, joined Radio Sputnik’s Political Misfits Friday from Italy to warn about the possibility of children’s data being exploited by big tech companies as governments cede control of public education to Google during online learning.


“Basically, I found out when school started this term that the education was being put contractually in the hands of Google, and I was really not having that. I was extremely upset, I write a lot on tech, and I started to draft a letter to [Italy’s Ministry of Education],” Vigo told show hosts Michelle Witte and Bob Schlehuber...

“The problem is that to get our voices heard is really hard, because this is the paradox. You have parents who don’t want another lockdown, and they’re like, ‘If Google will keep me at work and not crazy at home with the kids, I’ll take it.’ That’s the problem. They’ve gotten us at the worst possible moment, and people will surrender their privacy out of desperation. It’s a real problem,” Vigo explained.

Read more...