Translate to multiple languages

Subscribe to my Email updates

https://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/mailverify?uri=helgeScherlundelearning
Enjoy what you've read, make sure you subscribe to my Email Updates

Saturday, January 05, 2008

Suggestions from the Age of Distraction


Maria H. Andersen has been in touch to reminds us about the following below:

Suggestions from the Age of Distraction
The Age of Distraction: The Professor or the Processor? by Michael Bugeja (published in The Futurist magazine).
The question that Bugeja poses: Are digital distractions the cause of lowered performance measures for students? He argues that we've spent a lot of money on technology in education. Have we seen results?

About Maria H. Andersen

I am a college math instructor at Muskegon Community College. My educational background includes degrees in mathematics, chemistry, biology, and business. I am also on the tail end of a PhD in Higher Education Leadership.
I read voraciously and I love playing with new technology (at least, when it works properly). You can learn more about me by visiting my personal blog,
Busyness Girl or visiting my website, Teaching College Math.