Translate to multiple languages

Subscribe to my Email updates

https://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/mailverify?uri=helgeScherlundelearning
Enjoy what you've read, make sure you subscribe to my Email Updates

Monday, January 07, 2008

Winds of Change: Charting the Course for IT in the Twenty-First Century


This paper appears in EDUCAUSE Review, vol. 42, no. 6 (November/December 2007): 54–71.

Winds of Change: Charting the Course for IT in the Twenty-First Century
By Brian L. Hawkins

In the spring of 2005, I was asked to keynote the EDUCAUSE Western Regional Conference. The conference theme was "Winds of Change: Charting the Course for Technology in Challenging Times." What that brought to my mind was the era of the great sailing ships of the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries, a topic that has always held great interest for me. So as I sail into the sunset, I'd like to update that presentation and offer ten nautical maxims for charting the course of higher education IT in the twenty-first century.