Translate to multiple languages

Subscribe to my Email updates

https://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/mailverify?uri=helgeScherlundelearning
Enjoy what you've read, make sure you subscribe to my Email Updates

Sunday, December 06, 2020

'We had to take a chance': Bookshop defies the odds and launches in lockdown | Business - Eastern Daily Press

Eleanor Pringle, Business Correspondent at Eastern Daily Press says, An independent bookshop has opened in a market town despite the pandemic - with its new owners determined to make it a success despite the challenges of 2020.

Emily Casson has launched Books and Crannies in Beccles.
Photo: Books and Crannies

The keys to new second hand book shop Books and Crannies were handed to Emily Casson just days before the second lockdown announced, but the mum-of-one refused to give up on her dream of "doing something she loved".

The Beccles-based bookseller said: "I had been working in the museum industry, which has been very hard hit during the pandemic. I've always loved books and reading and my partner and I went into a book shop on my birthday. As we walked around I said to him: 'I would love to have my own book shop' and he just said 'Do something you love, let's do it.'"...

"There were a few moments where I was panicking and wondering what we were doing. We put our own savings into this - which we had thought of using to buy a house - because we didn't want to take out a business loan in such uncertain times. Our click and collect service went really well though so we're hopeful about sales moving forward.

Read more... 

Source: Eastern Daily Press