I hope you will take advantage of this opportunities to improve your webinar skills and knowledge below.
Thursday, September 11, 2:00 - 3:00 p.m. Eastern Time
Price: $ 199
President Obama has tasked the United States with having the highest number of college graduates in the world by the year 2020. While national programs focusing on closing the achievement gap and getting students ready for college and careers are being implemented, what can we do at the local level to help students be successful in college, the workplace, and beyond?
A massive open online course (MOOC) is one way to bridge the gap for students. MOOCs are offered free of charge and have unlimited enrollment.
Participants of this webinar will go behind the scenes of Montgomery College's first (MOOC), Get Ready for College English.
Participants will learn:
- How MOOCs can help level the playing field for less privileged students.
- How MOOCs can bridge the gap between high school and developmental college students.
- How MOOCs can provide an open, free resource for faculty and employers alike.
- How faculty and administrators at Montgomery College created and implemented the course.
- How to create and implement MOOCs at their college or university.
- How MOOCs work first-hand, by registering for Montgomery College's next MOOC offering, Get Ready for College Writing.