If you're using Office 2013 you need MathType 6.9
MathType™ 6.9 is fully compatible with Office 2013 and Office 365 installed on Windows 7 and 8 computers.
MathType functionality with Office:
- MathType Ribbon Tab in Word and PowerPoint: MathType takes full advantage of Office's Ribbon User Interface making it easier than ever to do equation operations in documents and presentations. Equation numbering and browse features work with all Word equation types.
- Equations in Outlook: MathType works with Outlook and allows you to include mathematical notation in email. The recipient of your email does not have to use either Outlook or MathType in order to see your equations.
- MathPage for Word 2013, 2010, and 2007: Our MathPage™ technology now converts Microsoft Word documents into web pages, properly handling mathematical symbols, and displaying properly for people with print disabilities.
- Handwritten equations: Enter equations as easily as you would write math with paper and pencil! This feature uses the built-in handwriting recognition in Windows 7 and later.
- Format Equations: MathType adds its own tab in Word that contains useful commands. One of these, Format Equations, lets you change the font and style of all equations in a document.