|Follow on Twitter as @FinanceJames|
New skills can boost your pay, let you start a whole new career, mean you no longer have to pay tradesmen for simple jobs or even just make your life richer.
But while the cost of university soars, there are still plenty of ways you can learn new skills, languages or simply satisfy an itch for knowledge for nothing at all.
We've spoken to freebie expert Deepak Tailor to get his top tips to learn something new without it costing you.
- Free Uni Courses at FutureLearn - Complete university courses in your own time online. You don’t get a degree at the end but they’re all free and come from top establishments around the world.
- Free Vocational Courses at Vision2Learn - Take a free course in association with further education colleges while receiving support from a Further Education (FE) College online tutor. Places on courses are limited.
- TasterLab Classes - TasterLab lets you find classes near you for just about any hobby. You pay for classes but many of the classes allow you to take a free taster session to see how you like it. Why not try lots of tasters?
- Visit Your Library - Everybody should have a library card; it’s the best freebie going. Find your nearest library with this link.
- Meet Up Groups - Meet Up lets you find groups and clubs all round the world, from kite surfing clubs to wine and cheese appreciation groups. Some charge a membership fee but many are free; just browse the details online.
- YouTube tutorials - From amateur to professional, Youtube hosts every type of video tutorial, from break dancing to playing musical instruments.
- Workplace Skills Training - Develop certified workplace skills with free courses from ALISON, the global network. Choose from 600 free courses.