Translate to multiple languages

Subscribe to my Email updates

https://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/mailverify?uri=helgeScherlundelearning
Enjoy what you've read, make sure you subscribe to my Email Updates

Sunday, February 24, 2019

Books at the Box Office | Books - New York Times

Check out Match Book’s earlier recommendations here.


Follow on Twitter as @NicoleALamy
In Match Book, Nicole Lamy connects readers with book suggestions based on their questions, their tastes, their literary needs and desires.

Photo: Joon Mo Kang

Dear Match Book,
I like to read nonfiction books that have been turned into movies. I don’t care which order I encounter them in: If I read the book first, I like to follow up with the movie to see how the filmmakers streamlined the plot, but I’ll also go from movie to book. (I recently watched “A Civil Action,” then found the book by Jonathan Harr at a used-book store.)

I’m rarely disappointed by the literary counterparts, one exception being “Julie and Julia,” by Julie Powell — I far preferred the film.

I’ve read Terry Ryan’s memoir, “The Prize Winner of Defiance, Ohio,” which I thought was superb, but I haven’t seen the movie yet. I enjoyed both versions of Erich von Däniken’s classic “Chariots of the Gods” (I watched the movie first).

I recently picked up “The Monuments Men,” by Robert M. Edsel, since I have already seen the film. 
I’m also looking forward to reading and watching “The Radium Girls,” by Kate Moore, as well as to tackling both page and screen versions of “The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks,” by Rebecca Skloot.

Source: New York Times