Translate to multiple languages

Subscribe to my Email updates

https://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/mailverify?uri=helgeScherlundelearning
Enjoy what you've read, make sure you subscribe to my Email Updates

Thursday, December 26, 2019

Scholarships help build an exceptional student body | Around Campus - MIT News

An MIT scholarship let senior Emily Soice pursue her passions in civil and environmental engineering (opens in new window) and music (opens in new window), and seek solutions for a pressing global challenge, sustainable agriculture. “Without a scholarship, I wouldn’t be here,” she says.  

An MIT scholarship let senior Emily Soice pursue her passions in civil and environmental engineering and music: “Without a scholarship, I wouldn’t be here,” she says.
Photo: Bearwalk Cinema
Senior Emily Soice, a talented violinist, has thrived at MIT, pursuing a dual major in civil and environmental engineering and music. “MIT has an amazing music program,” she says. “You really get a rigorous conservatory experience here.” A member of two performance ensembles, she enjoys connecting with others on campus through their shared love of music. 

In her engineering studies, Soice is focused on the issue of sustainable agriculture. “The wealth of research opportunities at MIT is astounding,” she says. “I’m able to contribute to that research during my undergraduate years.”

A scholarship to MIT made it possible for Soice to pursue her passions and seek out solutions to pressing global challenges. “When I got into MIT,” she recalls, “my family had been unemployed for more than a year. It wouldn’t have been possible for me to go to MIT if I didn’t have a scholarship.”...

Scholarships at MIT: Emily Soice '20 Merges Music and Science 


“There is so much open to you once you get into MIT,” says Soice. “It’s an amazing place to explore, and having a scholarship has allowed me to explore so much.” After graduation, she plans to attend graduate school, then work for a nonprofit focused on solving problems in agriculture or food systems. 
Read more...

Source: MIT News and MIT Better World Channel (YouTube)