Translate to multiple languages

Subscribe to my Email updates

https://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/mailverify?uri=helgeScherlundelearning
Enjoy what you've read, make sure you subscribe to my Email Updates

Friday, January 20, 2017

Aspiring actuarial scientist rises to the challenge | Independent Online

"Making light work of his schooling journey, a Limpopo pupil who oozed confidence ahead of the 2016 matric results expressed his excitement at being one of South Africa’s top pupils." continues news/matric results.

Duncan Xihlovo Mabasa who lost his home in Limpopo, managed to become one of the country's top matriculants.
Photo: Nokuthula Mbatha

Duncan Xihlovo Mabasa said he was overwhelmed at the recognition given to him.

“I didn’t expect to be here because I didn’t think I would be chosen as a top learner in the country,” he said.

Duncan, who is one of the top three pupils in Science said his key to a great performance was being smart in his approach to studying.

“I’ve always believed that hard work gets you far, but working smart will get you further,” he said.

The Risinga High School pupil said he cruised through his schooling journey, save for his matric year.

“Matric was a bit hectic because I had a problem with my English First Additional Language this year, but I hope the results will show how much effort I put in to improve my marks,” he said.

He hopes to study Actuarial Science at the University of Cape Town.

“I really love working with numbers and I think Actuarial Science will provide me with the challenge I need,” Duncan said. “Also it gives me the opportunity to bring a change to this country because South Africa has a huge shortage of actuaries in our country,” he said. 
Read more...

Source: Independent Online