Translate to multiple languages

Subscribe to my Email updates

https://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/mailverify?uri=helgeScherlundelearning
Enjoy what you've read, make sure you subscribe to my Email Updates

Sunday, March 03, 2019

11 new science fiction and fantasy books to check out this March | Books - The Verge

Andrew Liptak, Weekend Editor for The Verge notes, Stories of alternate universes, spacers, and magicians.

Photo: Andrew Liptak / The Verge
Now that my son is in school, I’ve been wanting to introduce him to some of the classic books that I read when I was younger. The first book on the list was a no brainer: J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Hobbit, which has become a nightly read for the two of us.

Reading The Hobbit out loud has made me see the book in a totally different light. Tolkien’s language is fantastic, building up tension through a series of adventures as Bilbo, Gandalf, and his dwarvish companions get into trouble and back out of it again. It’s the perfect novel before bed — plenty of excitement, but most importantly, plenty of cliffhangers to keep him waiting for me to read it the next night.

For readers looking for something a little more recent, this year is a particularly good one, and the next couple of months are particularly appealing, with March and April bringing some highly-anticipated books. Here are 11 science fiction and fantasy (and one related nonfiction) books to check out in the first half this month: 

Source: The Verge