Translate to multiple languages

Subscribe to my Email updates

https://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/mailverify?uri=helgeScherlundelearning
Enjoy what you've read, make sure you subscribe to my Email Updates

Sunday, August 23, 2020

College student opens bookstore in downtown Salem | WDBJ

Lindsay Cayne, Reporter notes, Savannah Oaks bought a former Salem bookstore and added her own personal touches.

Photo: Screenshot from WDBJ's Video.
A college student now has her own business right here in one of our hometowns. Wonderous Books & More officially opened Friday in Salem.

The Salem City Council and Chamber of Commerce came out Friday for a ribbon cutting to support Savannah Oaks and her new business.

“It really helps me understand that I’m actually here doing this, and I’m capable of owning my own bookstore,” Oaks said.

She is a student at Bridgewater College and has been dreaming of owning a book store. Her plan was to have one later in life, but things changed quickly...

“I didn’t get to do a lot of things that I wanted to this summer, but we’re going to get a lot more done,” Oaks said.

Like poetry nights and book club meetings at the store.
Read more...

Source: WDBJ