Translate to multiple languages

Subscribe to my Email updates

https://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/mailverify?uri=helgeScherlundelearning
Enjoy what you've read, make sure you subscribe to my Email Updates

Sunday, January 12, 2020

A Visit to Toronto's Famous Monkey's Paw Bookshop | Blog - Fine Books & Collections Magazine

V.R. Ferose, bibliophile, author, columnist, and software executive says, The Monkey’s Paw is a Toronto bookshop specializing in “uncommon books and paper artifacts from the age of print.” 

The Monkey's Paw is a funky, antiquarian bookshop located in Toronto, Canada.
Photo: V.R. Ferose
It is also the home of the Biblio-Mat, the world’s first randomized vending machine for old books.

I am a bibliophile, author, columnist, and software executive based in the Silicon Valley (Readers may recall my ‘How I Got Started’ profile from the summer 2016 issue of Fine Books.) During one of my visits to Toronto to study the Artificial Intelligence ecosystem, I did what I always do — sneak in a few hours to visit a local bookstore. The Monkey’s Paw inspired me to not only buy some rare books (The Niagara Peninsula by Charles P. deVolph; The Pictorial Encyclopedia of Railways by Hamilton Ellis) but to have a long conversation with the bookstore owner, Stephen Fowler.

Having been to hundreds of bookstores around the world, I consider The Monkey’s Paw to be one of the most unique ones, and this Q & A with Fowler will give you the reasons why!   
Read more...

Source: Fine Books & Collections Magazine