Translate to multiple languages

Subscribe to my Email updates

https://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/mailverify?uri=helgeScherlundelearning
Enjoy what you've read, make sure you subscribe to my Email Updates

Thursday, October 12, 2017

Building empathetic connections through mobile engagement, Oisin Lunny, OpenMarket | Irish Tech News - Marketing

Photo: Mitsu Fonseca
Mitsu Fonseca, Irish Tech News says, "Oisin Lunny, Chief Evangelist at OpenMarket, helps the world’s biggest brands use mobile messaging to connect with their customers. He is also the music editor at PhoenixMagUK, a journalist, composer, DJ, top 5 UK marketer, ENFP personality."

Photo: Oisin-Lunny-conference-photo-by-Marie-Glad-January-2017.
My professional background is somewhat improvised, I was a collage dropout who worked in newsagents, building sites and restaurants before finding my feet in the music industry at the beginning of the 90s. I worked in recording studios using downtime to make demos, and a band I was in subsequently scored a deal with Talking Loud / Universal records. We had a top 30 hit, toured with U2 and Depeche Mode, and had an incredible experience for four years. However, once the band broke up I had no income or foreseeable way of making a living. Luckily a friend invited me on a BBC radio show to chat about this new-fangled contraption called The Internet. I popped into an internet cafe (as one did in the 90s) and in the course of an hour-long browsing session I knew what my next career move would be. My subsequent career in tech is thanks to one realisation that day; that almost all entertainment and media consumption would soon be based on digital information being piped into people’s homes over the internet, and that a music business based on physical media as such was largely finished. 

Does it seem like a logical background to what you do now?
I had happily just become a father for the first time, but realised I had no qualifications, skills or experience that could help me reliably provide for my family. It was a sobering moment to put it mildly, parenthood surely sharpens the mind. Moving from music to tech was a leap of faith mixed with desperation, I needed a new way to make a living. Aside from this primary imperative my initial passion for tech was also based on a slightly utopian vision of artists self-releasing music without needing a record label. Once engaged in the tech sector I found the world of early internet businesses more exciting and fast moving than the music industry I had just worked in. It was completely outside of my comfort zone but was an intense period of accelerated learning by doing. In hindsight, it was an incredibly lucky move. 

1 min pitch for what you are doing now?
Today I am Chief Evangelist for OpenMarket, a company that helps some of the world’s largest brands connect with their customers in the moments when it counts, on their mobile devices. My role involves sharing what OpenMarket and our enterprise clients are doing with some leading-edge technologies such as RCS (Rich Communication Services). This means ensuring top-level profile at key events, arranging enterprise-grade brand association, and as a result of all this, lead generation. I execute these responsibilities via speaking opportunities, interviews and op-ed, and on social media. It’s a dream job for an ENFP personality type, aka “The Champion”.
Read more... 

Source: Irish Tech News