Translate to multiple languages

Subscribe to my Email updates

https://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/mailverify?uri=helgeScherlundelearning
Enjoy what you've read, make sure you subscribe to my Email Updates

Saturday, December 08, 2018

New education program is a good ‘MATCH’ for adult learners | Education - KTOO

Samantha Coronell said she’s always had trouble paying attention in school, notes Zoe Grueskin, Author at KTOO.

Samantha Coronell is a student in The Learning Connection’s MATCH program.
Photo: Zoe Grueskin/KTO
The 27-year-old was born in Juneau but moved away with her family in the third grade.

“And I moved back as soon as I could, had to come home. I didn’t realize it, but I missed the mountains. All my homework had little pictures of mountains on it,” said Coronell.

Coronell did return to Juneau and graduated from Yaakoosge Daakahidi High School in 2012...

Called the MATCH program, for “Making Academics, Training and Careers Happen,” it combines math, reading and computer skills with lessons on how to succeed in the workplace. TLC’s offerings are typically drop-in style, meaning students come when they can. But Smith said this class is more intense.

“I think what’s different about this class is that we’ve sort of set it up as a commitment,” said Jeff Smith, the regional coordinator of the adult education program at SERRC and one of the MATCH instructors.

Students in the MATCH program meet almost every weekday for more than two months.
Read more...

Source: KTOO