Translate to multiple languages

Subscribe to my Email updates

https://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/mailverify?uri=helgeScherlundelearning
Enjoy what you've read, make sure you subscribe to my Email Updates

Saturday, May 15, 2021

Are you ready for machine learning math? | Math - Medium

I never cared much about machine learning, writes Santiago on Medium.

Take the first step and cross the bridge when appropriate.

If we were playing the blame game, I’d certainly point to the “math is not my thing” excuse. I had seen it with my own eyes, and it seemed daunting.

Back then, we had to write training loops from scratch, beg large universities for cluster time, and deal with parallel libraries and remote debugging.

That was a long time ago.

Fast forward a few years, and I came around and gave it a try. To my surprise, I was more than ready to get into it!

The field had changed. The math I needed was far from the scary wolf that everyone made me believe it was, and I’ve never had an issue with it...

A final word

Give machine learning a try.

Many people believe that you either understand how electrons move in a wire or have no business changing an outlet. And that’s fine. You don’t need them to believe otherwise.

Don’t worry about the things you think you’ll need. The time for more will come, and you can think about them at that point. Start with something simple, and find your way through more of it as you feel you need it.

You’ll be fine.

Read more...

Source: Medium