Translate to multiple languages

Subscribe to my Email updates

https://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/mailverify?uri=helgeScherlundelearning
Enjoy what you've read, make sure you subscribe to my Email Updates

Sunday, May 30, 2021

Companion of good books: A vendor like no other | States - The New Indian Express

Selling books old and new for three decades, A V Sasi reads every book he sells to check their worth, reports A Satish, The New Indian Express.

Actor V K Sreeraman at a book fair conducted by A V Sasi (behind him)

Unlike other vendors, AV Sasi sells only those books he feels are worthy, and makes sure to read them before embarking on a sales trip.With a bag on his shoulder, Sasi has been in the profession for the past three decades. “For the first time, Covid has kept me home. Otherwise, I always go out in the morning and meet as many people as I can,” Sasi says.

The 53-year-old was a voracious reader during his college days, thanks to the neighbourhood library in Nagaripuram in Palakkad. If he has gained any respect, it is because of the great writers whose books he carries, he says. “But there were also incidents when I was turned away. I consider it an affront to the writers and not myself,” Sasi says.

Read more... 

Source: The New Indian Express