Translate to multiple languages

Subscribe to my Email updates

https://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/mailverify?uri=helgeScherlundelearning
Enjoy what you've read, make sure you subscribe to my Email Updates

Wednesday, May 12, 2021

The Best Careers for Math Majors | Mathematics - Medium

Photo: Hazel Clementine
Hazel Clementine
notes,This article is not going to be a mathematical one. 

It’s about what sort of careers a mathematics degree can lead to. I want to explain to people the kinds of possibilities that can open up if you’re taking a mathematics degree.

Mathematics graduates are very much in demand, and a math degree is about as good a non-vocational degree as you can find. I was a math tutor for several years a few years ago, and it strikes me that people don’t always realize that mathematics can open a lot of doors rather than closing doors. It’s clear that if you do an engineering degree, you’re going to become an engineer, but it’s slightly unclear with a mathematics degree. People are always saying, “Well, I’m interested in mathematics, but my parents want me to study medicine because I think it can lead to a career.”

What I want to show people is mathematics can lead to a wide range of careers. Your phone wouldn’t work without mathematics, the electronic device you are holding wouldn’t work, furthermore, your remote control wouldn’t work...

Mathematics is the language that underpins how we understand all sorts of processes. Those might be economic processes, or they might be physical processes, or they might be understanding how to analyze vast sets of data that arise from your nectar cards, and so on.

Read more... 

Source: Medium