"This online, on-demand course will give grad students, teaching
assistants, and new faculty the information and confidence they need to
be an effective college instructor. Learn how to effectively design a
course, create exams, manage content, increase student engagement, deal
with common classroom challenges, evaluate learning, and more." writes Magna Publications.
|Photo: James Lang|
Because it’s self-paced, you can complete the course on your own timeline, and assessments built into the course ensure that you’re staying on track and retaining valuable information. In addition to the video-based presentations, you’ll also get expertly developed supplemental materials, including resource lists, that you can reference right away or long after you’ve finished the course.
Specifically, in Principles of Effective College Teaching you will learn how to:
- Apply key principles of learning to course design and delivery
- Develop course frameworks that naturally foster intrinsic motivation among learners
- Articulate course learning objectives and construct meaningful assessments from those objectives
- Plan class activities that promote active learning
- Provide feedback that inspires further learning
Source: Magna Publications