"Understand how to support the knowledge and skills determined by your
course’s learning outcomes. These programs will help you structure and
plan classroom activates to maximize student engagement, increase
student participation, and ultimately deepen learning." summarizes Magna Publications.
|Photo: Magna Publications|
Plus, each program is only 20 minutes long!
In the Supporting Learning Outcomes 4-pack you’ll learn tips and techniques grounded in theory and tested in face-to-face and online classrooms.
From suggestions for changing your first class procedures to preemptive feedback, all the suggestions you’ll learn are proven and practical.
The programs cover key issues involved with helping students achieve learning outcomes—and give you the specifics you need to make effective change, such as:
- Exams – Learn how changing your exam previews and reviews can put the focus back on learning.
- Feedback – Explore four specific practices to get students more involved.
- Discussion – Find out how to reinforce the classroom behavior you want to see.
- Responsibility – Discover how changing your personal style can make students behave more responsibly.
Higher education experts Maryellen Weimer, Ph.D., Jean Mandernach, Ph.D., Jay Howard, and Christy Price, Ed.D. explore solutions to the following key questions:
- How Can I Use Discussion to Facilitate Learning?
In this program, you will learn how to structure and plan classroom discussions to maximize student engagement, student participation, and learning.
- How Can I Get Students to Take Responsibility for Their Own Learning?
This presentation will show you how clear communication and consistent application of standards can help students become more effective and engaged learners.
- How Can I Enhance the Impact of Feedback in Online Classes?
Discover how dynamic feedback strategies such as feedforward, expanded multimedia use, one-to-many presentation, and peer-to-peer delivery can change student behavior.
- How Can I Make My Exams More about Learning, Less about Grades?
Learn how you can transform exams into enhanced opportunities for student learning with practical solutions to the three core problems with exams today.
This series of Magna 20-Minute Mentors is perfect for faculty teaching online and offline, at public and private institutions, and at all stages of their careers. It will be particularly helpful for new instructors, providing them with “instant experience.”
Source: Magna Publications