Translate to multiple languages

Subscribe to my Email updates

https://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/mailverify?uri=helgeScherlundelearning
Enjoy what you've read, make sure you subscribe to my Email Updates

Saturday, August 03, 2019

Lynette Fay: Having a love of country music is a constant learning curve | Life - The Irish News

Some might say that Dolly Parton can't possibly be a feminist given her love of cosmetic enhancement over the years. I disagree with that entirely. As a woman, there is nothing wrong with investing in the way you look, says Lynette Fay, The Irish Times.

Dolly Parton – she's a songwriting genius, businesswoman, singer and performer
I HAVE long been a fan of country music. I am no expert, but I love it. My visits to Nashville earlier this year have significantly reignited my relationship with the music – old and new.

One of the most endearing qualities of American country music for me has always been the frank, candid and upfront stories in the songs. I relate more and more to the stories of some of these songs as I get older.

I am particularly drawn to the female songwriters – from pioneers Bobbie Gentry, Loretta Lynn, Dolly Parton to the contemporary champions – Brandy Clark, the Dixie Chicks and my favourite, Brandi Carlisle...

Having a love of country music is a constant learning curve. I discovered Brandi Carlile and her music about 18 months ago. Earlier this year her album By The Way, I Forgive You won best Americana album at the Grammys. Her star has been in the ascendant for a while, and this year she has broken through on a big scale.
Read more...

Source: The Irish News