Translate to multiple languages

Subscribe to my Email updates

https://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/mailverify?uri=helgeScherlundelearning
Enjoy what you've read, make sure you subscribe to my Email Updates

Sunday, June 02, 2019

How Deep is Deep Learning? | Security Today

This article originally appeared in the May/June 2019 issue of Security Today. 

At the start of every new year, I get a sampling of what new technologies are going to be introduced. Most of the time, I’m in way over my head. Sometimes I understand and relate to the solution, the technology and what it all means, continues Security Today.

 
I met John Carter several years ago. I remember it was during the winter, because at the end of the work day the skies were getting dark and I was trying to find his office in the North Dallas area. John had a very cool new technology that he wanted to show me. First, you should know that he is a rocket scientist and worked for NASA for a few years. I’m not a rocket scientist, never worked for NASA, and had no idea what I was getting myself into. It was rocket science... 


We’re seeing amazing advancements in Artificial Intelligence and its ability to design complex machine learning, also known as artificial neural networks (ANN). Why is this important? The day will come when cars will drive autonomously, when security systems will be able to spot or identify a terror suspect, and when applied to physical security, situational awareness is enhanced by identifying anomalous events.
Read more...

Source: Security Today