Translate to multiple languages

Subscribe to my Email updates

https://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/mailverify?uri=helgeScherlundelearning
Enjoy what you've read, make sure you subscribe to my Email Updates

Sunday, September 09, 2018

Browse a bookshop: Book-ish, Crickhowell | Books - The Guardian

Photo: Anita Sethi
Anita Sethi, writer and journalist says "Top sellers and recommended reads from the Brecon Beacons." 

Book-ish bookshop... ‘fiercely independent’.

Book-ish has been situated in Crickhowell at the gateway to the Brecon Beacons since 2010. Owner Emma Corfield-Walters says: “I had an early midlife crisis and sold my building surveying company and decided to become a bookseller – I’ve always loved books. 

Setting up a bookshop in the height of a recession was tricky, but when I joined the Booksellers Association I realised I was part of an amazing tribe and it’s been magic. We’re based on the last indie high street in Wales and are fiercely independent.” The bookshop runs the Crickhowell literary festival, is an official bookshop at the Green Man festival, and is crowdfunding to get a copy of The Lost Words, “a beautiful book”, into every school in Powys.
Read more...

Source: The Guardian